Sunday, September 27, 2009

God performs miracles, not coincidences.

For the Past few nights I’ve been praying for one of my roommates. I never really get a chance to talk to him because 6 out of 7 days he is drunk. Instead of confront him and judge him about (which is the wrong thing to do) this I chose to give it to God and pray for him, I prayed that God would in someway reveal himself to him….. Once again God came through. I was hardly awake this morning when my roommate got up and went to breakfast. He recently started asking me if I wanted to hang out with him off base which I took with a grain of salt because I wasn’t sure if he was just messing around. About an hour after he left I received a text message from him that which blew me away. It said, “A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother,” Proverbs 18:24. This guy who has claimed to never even have looked into a bible is sending me verses via text messages and a good one at that. As I got back from my workout I was heading upstairs to grab a shower. I ran into him on his way out with a huge smile on his face. I told him how awesome it was that he sent that message and he responded with a simple “I knew you would like it”.

When I was taking my shower I took sometime to thank God for working through my roommate and revealing himself to him. I said a prayer for the day and at one part of it I asked God to please help us share his word in a loving way today… When I finished my prayer I wasn’t sure why I said “us” during my prayer and not “God please help me share your word in a loving way.” As my buddies and I went in the train station I took a seat while they bought some coffee. As I sat there, there was a man in his mid 50’s talking to new boot camp graduates about God and his love for all of us. IT WAS AWESOME, because at that moment I knew God had me pray for both that man and I when I prayed earlier to help us share his word. I was blown away by the way God worked that out. The first thing that came to my head was “Thank you Lord for blessing me with this experience”. I knew I had to make note of this, I then noticed a pen and napkin sitting right next to each other which was even more confirmation for me that God wanted me to share this. Psalms 69:13 says “But I pray to you, O LORD, in the time of your favor; in your great love, O God, answer me with your sure salvation.” It would be illogical to think that this was mere coincidence and it was one of those right place at the right time situations. It was God who had me pray for both that man and I to share his word today, it was God who inspired my roommate to send me that scripture, and it was God who made sure I had the tools to make note of what was going on (I still have the napkin). God is so good and his will is so perfect. I wanted to share this experience with you all because God does these things for us on a daily basis but the skeptic in us overwhelms our thought process and we disregard his miracles too often. Pray, put faith into the Lord that he will work through you and help you to realize how often he performs miracles for you DAILY.

No comments:

Post a Comment